Join our website! Click on the "More" tab above,
then the "Friends of St. Lucas" tab. Follow the instructions there.
Historic, Yet Progressive, St. Lucas Church
St. Lucas Affirmation of Welcome
A Reconciling in Christ Congregation (RIC)
In accord with the Gospel of Jesus Christ St. Lucas welcomes all. By this we mean we extend the radical welcome of Jesus to people of any age, race, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic level, mental health diagnosis, recovery status, education level, or previous religious experience to participate in the sacramental life and work of our congregation.
Donate to St. Lucas
745 Walbridge Ave.
Toledo, OH 43609
Daily Devotions ON FACEBOOK Live! Join us on the St. Lucas Facebook page every day www.facebook.com/StLucasLutheranChurch:
9am Morning Prayer
Noon Midday Prayer
6pm Evening Prayer
9pm Night Prayer
A few moments of music & prayer offered four times daily.. We offer this service as a way to stay connected to the Lord and find the promises of Jesus in this difficult time in our world. Sundays 6 & 9pm devotions only. Tune in to our Worship Livestream on Sunday mornings.
REPORT ON EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE ACTIONS At an online meeting the Church Council gave the Executive Committee authority to make day to day decisions until the next regular council meeting in April. Executive Committee has met via Zoom twice now and made these decisions:
- IN PERSON WORSHIP at the church will be suspended through April 6. We will continue to live-stream worship on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/StLucasLutheranChurch at our regular weekend times (4pm Saturday, 9 & 10:30am Sunday, Lenten Wednesdays at noon and 7pm). Please do send in your church offering or begin to give electronically. The church is working on good options for electronic giving.
- FUNERALS Executive Committee has set an interim policy in regard to funerals until church council meets again . We ask that only private (family) graveside services be performed and that memorial services be planned at a later date for any funerals.
- CINDY'S CORNER CAFE TRANSITIONS TO AT DOOR SERVICE We feel it is vital to continue serving folks through our lunch and pantry programs in this time of need for so many. We will have one person come in at 9am Monday through Friday to prepare 50 bag lunches in the kitchen. That person will leave by 11:30am. Two volunteers/workers will then come in to distribute lunches (and on Thursday pantry items will also be distributed at 1pm). One will be stationed outside to coach guests on social distancing practices and the other will be inside the door to distribute the food by a practice that will not involve person to person contact. Cindy's Corner is asking for the following donations to assist with the bag lunch program:
1. Monetary donations
2. Plastic grocery bags
3. Ziploc sandwich bags
4. Big bags of fresh fruit (apples, oranges, etc.)
5. Small (to fit in a brown bag) bags of chips, pretzels, etc.
6. Individual drinks (water, juice, pop)
If you donate such items you may call the church and drop them off during office hours. We can buzz you in the front Sunday School door and you can place them inside the door for later pick up.
- OFFERINGS Please send us your offering, since in-person church is not available at this time. You may also drop your off offering when pastor is there during the Cindy’s Corner hours (around 9:30-1:00, call the office to let us know you are coming 419-243-8189. Just buzz the front door and we will buzz you in to drop your offering inside the door, then we'll come down and get it. Thanks to the many who have mailed, dropped off or made electronic offerings through our PayPal button on our website: www.stlucastoledo.org
- AA AND GED We are working with the AA groups and GED on what is best practice if they continue to meet in our Sunday School building. The Monday and Thursday morning AA groups have since informed us of their decision to suspend for two weeks. GED is also off for two weeks at least. The Friday night AA group has now suspended meetings indefinitely.
EASTER BREAKFAST Due to the coronavirus outbreak Easter breakfast this year is cancelled.
EASTER BASKETS Due to the cornonavirus outbreak our Easter Basket program is suspended this year.
“NO MATTER HOW YOU ADD IT UP”
Fun With Biblical Numbers and You
Now Live Streamed at Noon & 7pm Wednesdays on our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/stlucaslutheranchurch
Mar. 4 4,000 + 5,000 does not equal 9,000
Mar. 11 40 Years and Days and Nights=Progress
Mar. 18 12 and Its Multiples Add Up To You, Me, and God
Mar. 25 6 Is a Work in Progress; 7 Is Complete
Apr. 1 3 + 1 Does Not Equal 4
Sunday Morning Early Service
formal liturgy in the St. Lucas main sanctuary. We sing a variety of
hymns old and new.
Sunday Morning Late Service
Beautiful higher liturgy with the
participation of the St. Lucas choir. We use a variety of styles
seasonally and sing a good mix of hymns old and new, accompanied by the
beautiful St. Lucas pipe organ.
Casual, warm and intimate worship service held in the St. Lucas Lower Church. We sing hymns mostly from the African American hymnal "This Far By Faith" and the contemporary praise hymnal "Worship and Praise."
- Holy Communion is
celebrated at all weekend worship services.
- Elevator from street level
to sanctuary & lower church
- Lighted parking lot with monitoring for evening services
- For more information, please contact the church office at:
A Quick Guide to Our Ministries
Thursday 10:00- 11:30am
St. Lucas members pick up remaining bread from Panera on Wednesday night so we can distribute it FREE to those for whom it is a help.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Noon-12:45pm
3rd Tuesday of Every Month 6-7:00pm in the Sanctuary
The St. Lucas healing team is administers healing touch, anointing for healing, or healing prayer. Come and go at any time during the healing times.
Low cost clothing, household goods and other items to help those with lower incomes.
Twice a Year: First Weekends of May & October
Also need help clerking and preparing lunch during the sale.
There are many thoughts to ponder from this sermon....but here are just 2; Drawing distinctions in people (if it weren't for these people we would be happy) and in today's gospel Jesus said (and we are paraphrasing) it is not what goes into your mouth but what comes out.
Todays lessons: Isaiah 56:1, 6-8, Psalm 67, Romans 11:1-2a, 29-32, Matthew 15: 10-28
Please visit our Facebook page for older videos.
Faith: The experience of the Presence of God.
March 6 March 13
Mar 20 Palm Sunday
Easter He is Risen,
He is Risen, Indeed!